Welcome to Fountainbridge / Craiglockhart Local Green Team
We are made up of local Green Party members and other green or community-minded people in the council ward of Fountainbridge / Craiglockhart. Our Green councillor for the area is Gavin Corbett, who was elected in May 2012 and is standing again in May 2017.
The Fountainbridge / Craiglockhart Greens’ spokeperson and Councillor is Gavin Corbett. Gavin, 51, has lived in Shandon in the heart of the area for 20 years, with his wife and two sons. Originally from Ayrshire, Gavin works for the housing charity Shelter Scotland. He has been a community councillor, chair of his children’s school, the main founder of Shandon Local Food Group and a campaigner for responsible car-parking. He is also active with Fountainbridge Canalside Initiative and is a member ofFriends of Harrison Park
Evelyn Weston is our candidate for Pentland Hills. You can contact her at email@example.com
For back copies see:
Read our latest ward newsletter for Spring 2017
- Ward newsletter for Autumn 2016
- Ward newsletter for Spring 2014.
- Ward newsletter for Autumn 2013
- Ward newsletter for Spring 2013
- ward newsletter for Autumn 2012.
- ward newsletter for January-March 2012
- ward newsletter of Autumn 2011
- election special ward newsletter in 2011.
- ward newsletter for Autumn 2010
- ward newsletter for January and February 2010
- 2009 newsletter
- first ward newsletter
We aim to be an informal group but we have three “office-bearers”:
- Gavin Corbett – Convenor (read Gavin’s “Ten Questions” in the Evening News)
- Clare Forteath – Secretary
- Dave Owen – Communications
Keep an eye on this space for details or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow Gavin on twitter @gavincorbett
To join the group you can either join the Scottish Green Party or you can let us know via the above email address. You don’t have to be a Green Party member to be a member of the local group!
We always need help with funds for campaigning. Please donate if you can or if you have a fundraising idea please let us know using the above email address.