Posted on 14 July 2020Posted in:
23 July 2020 @ 19:30 – 21:30
As Edinburgh eases out of lockdown, Greens have been warning of the dangers of returning to “business as usual”. We cannot risk problems like congestion, pollution and homelessness returning to pre-COVID levels – or indeed worsening.
And while Coronavirus may still be the most immediate threat, the climate crisis remains the largest. With Edinburgh’s target to be zero carbon by 2030, action cannot be put on the back burner.
So what progress has been made in Edinburgh, and indeed across Scotland?
At this meeting we hear from:
- Cllr Gavin Corbett, introducing the Green councillors’ report “A Green Recovery for Edinburgh“, and on progress at city level
- Party co-leader Lorna Slater talking on Scotland-wide recovery measures and outcomes
- Other speakers TBC – details soon
- And we are very keen to hear from you, and will be inviting everyone to gather in breakout groups. Do you see resilience growing at community level?
Meeting ID: 910 3578 5102
- This meeting is open to members and non-members
- The meeting starts at 7.30pm on the link above
- If you are unfamiliar with Zoom, please join from 7.20pm so we can give any support needed.