The parliamentary team has been working hard to help as many people as possible across the region who are struggling with the cost of living crisis and other local issues. There have also been many changes in how our office is working, what we are prioritising and how we want to keep everyone up to date.
We welcomed Zayneb, who previously worked on the 2022 Local Elections campaigns, as our new Communications and Campaigns Officer. Cami has reduced hours to also work part time with the Parliament comms team where he’s been heading up the party TikTok account and doing awesome work on social media.
In terms of work Lorna has been doing:
- In December, Lorna was very proud to publish the Scottish Government’s draft Biodiversity strategy which lays out big steps we need to take to protect our land and seas.
- Lorna has made significant progress with the Deposit Return Scheme, which will play a major part to reduce littering, build a more circular economy and cut emissions.
- After Green MSP Gillian Mackay raised concerns over single-use vapes, a review was announced by the Cabinet Secretary for Health and will be carried out with Lorna in her role as Minister for Circular Economy.
- Lorna joined RSPB Scotland as they relocated a family of seven beavers to their new home at the Loch Lomond National Nature Reserve.
- Speaking at the #LightsOn rally outside Holyrood, Lorna spoke about Scotland’s future and made clear that the only route for us to get back into the EU is with the powers of an independent nation.