Where the Edinburgh Greens made the media in September.
We Announced our Top Holyrood Candidates
In mid-september we announced that Alison Johnstone would be the top Lothians candidate for the Greens. The story got picked up in a few places and Alison got the opportunity to do a guest blog for the Guardian.
- The Guardian: Alison Johnstone guest blog: How a campaign for joggers could see Alison run for parliament
- Evening News: Green councillor set to take Harper’s place at Holyrood
Cllr Steve Burgess’ green parking idea reaches fruition. The scheme will see parking charges linked to CO2 emissions, most people will see costs reduced or remain the same.
- Our media release
- STV: Drivers of gas-guzzling cars in Edinburgh face higher parking charges (inc Video)
- BBC: Green light for Edinburgh 20mph zone , includes parking
- The Sun: Extra to Park a Gas Guzzler
- Guardian Edinburgh: New parking charges, Spitfire in the Botanics and Urdu Week
- The Scotsman: Pay-as-you-pollute parking permits for Edinburgh
- The Herald: Drivers of polluting cars to pay more for permits
Early September saw a by-election in Liberton/Gilmerton ward. The election was to replace a Labour councillor and as expected Labour retained the seat. Our candidate Peter McColl received 201 votes.
- The Guardian: New Labour member elected to Edinburgh council
- Evening News: By-election hopefuls face grilling over tram scheme