41 George IV Bridge
Edinburgh EH1 1EL
This meeting is open to members and non-members, and is in two parts:
1. New Members event. 18:45 – 20:00. This is to welcome new members (or prospective members), but all are invited. Discover how the party works and how to get involved; meet some of our elected representatives, and chat with members from your local team. We will also hear reports from our Green councillors and MSPs.
We hope you’ll stay on for the second part of tonight’s event (below).
2. Edinburgh’s Food Strategy. 20:00 – 21:30.
Hear from guest speakers about their work to change the way that we think about, produce and consume our food. We will be joined by:
- Nourish Scotland to talk about their work in the world of food policy (Stephanie Mander – Policy and Campaigns Officer);
- SHRUB Coop, whose food sharing hub is reducing local food waste (Sydney Chandler – Food Sharing Hub Coordinator);
- Community growing initiatives The Grove Community Garden, Fountainbridge (Wendy Lord) and Leith Community Crops in Pots (Evie Love) on local food growing in the city.
Following short talks and a Q&A, we will discuss what this means for Edinburgh and what Greens should be campaigning for in the city.
In the spirit of food sharing and waste reducing, we will be running a food bring and swap – bring your garden produce, home baking or preserves and swap for something else. Don’t worry if you have nothing to swap – donations to the Scottish Greens are also accepted!
Doors open 18:30. If you would like to join the meeting remotely via Skype, please email email@example.com for the Skype link in advance.